Here is the homily for this week. Enjoy! I am going to start offering the Instagram videos I make for the Archdiocese here which provide a preview for the Sunday’s readings instead of recording two videos. The full homily is the PDF below it.
If you would like, make this a time for prayer!
- Begin with the Sign of the Cross and a moment of silence.
- Reflect on the readings for this Sunday from your missal or at https://bible.usccb.org/ .
- Prayerfully read or watch the homily.
- Afterwards, take time to reflect on questions like what did I find interesting about the homily? What did find challenging about it? What would one take away be for me this week?
- Continue by offering intercessory prayers for others or for whatever is on your heart this day.
- Conclude with an Our Father, Hail Mary and a Glory Be.
And, by special request: Common Prayers at Mass with a “Spiritual Communion” Prayer
A special word of thanks to our parishioners who are supporting us by mailing in their gifts to our parish or through our “on-line giving” program. For those who would like to consider “on-line giving”, and are blessed to do so, please consider a one-time or recurring gift to support our parish ministry at https://www.stvincentparish.org/224. My parish staff and I are very grateful for your support!
The Most Reverend Frank R. Schuster is an Auxiliary Bishop for the Archdiocese of Seattle and Pastor of Saint Vincent de Paul Parish in Federal Way, Washington.